Jump to content

I&A 4 Beta Test Feedback


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Jonas said:

Just an idea but maybe we could give CSAT their own little aircraft carrier somewhere in the ocean with on board AA (~ 5-8 km range) for their jets to spawn from ( spawn them above the carrier and have them fly to the target). That way they cant be "spawn camped" and don't just appear out of nowhere lined up on their target.

It is a good idea, except the Shikra can't land on an aircraft carrier (can the Neophron even?).  Not that I use a landing pattern for enemy CAS - they just fly back to the airport and despawn. So we could say that these are carrier-capable airframes... hmm... this ain't a bad idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IA4 change logs for 067 and 068; 068 will be tested today at 1800 UTC.   068 --- NEW 1. Engineers, Pilots and Armor crew have a new action to add emergency fuel to a vehicle that has n

Version 059 is now in internal testing.  Change log:   059 --- NEW 1. Added mission persistence and set to ON by default. When server restarts, completed AOs / player rewards are loade

I am going to be frank and hope that you see my honesty as constructive and not complaining for the sake of it.   If you keep I&A 4 in it’s current iteration, it will change the climate

Posted Images

  • 4 weeks later...

Ok so some new bugs (understandable). Gonna write down the ones i encountered in base before i logged off because of my FPS of 12 (compared to 30 last test)

 

The small container next to the arsenal was flying and doing some real PhysX stuff.
Old AO markers weren't deleted.

I may or may not update the list depending on if I can actually find the 12 fps enjoyable

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there issues with missions not showing completed?  The following are showing on the map but without an AO circle, they're in "Tasks" on the menu.

 

Sector 117183 Koroni

Sector 122157 Lakka

 

Main active AO, shows AO circle but:

 

Sector 101149 (This one is missing "Location" link in tasks) and it seems complete, or at least sub-tasks, but not clearing.

 

I do totally dig the new Units stuff.  Good job on that!

Link to post
Share on other sites

AO_43  AO_43_AV  AO_43_EO  Failed to complete (AO was on AAC airfield FOB) I canceled the AO and the the objective markers were not removed & FOB did not spawn, AO did move on.

 

Terminate HVT side mission bugged. Once the HVT & all other enemy are dead mission objective marker is not removed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Main topic of this feedback is the arsenal and monetization system.

So, anything that I don't mention here means I haven't tested haven't got a problem with it at this moment in time. (in game name = Muhammed [SBS])

 

1. Make all weapons available but limit ammo. So for example an auto rifleman can equip a sniper or its ammo but cant simultaneously have them in their inventory, so therefore cant use it. As an Engineer or medic you might want to use LMG (like the SPAR-16s) style weapons for the better stats or maybe looks better, but with the 30round mags so you should be able to.

2. Please make all attachments in a weapon available. Last thing I want to face after a small weapon pool (compared to what is available) is not being able to slap a sexy suppressor on my weapons.

3. Make the DLC content people paid for available. The server isn't super mil sim with strict rules. People come on for fun and go to do missions with others because it is better than doing them alone. There are other servers for ultimate realism (which also have mods for other weapon pools). 

What I am saying is that more people will play on the server if the choices are more open when it comes to equipment. Someone might like CSAT stuff which for the realism level of the server isn't a bad think to equip. (tbh even in real life we run AKs when on missions because of blending in with the crowds depending on the country)

4. Idk if you can do this but maybe adding a parachute think where u can still have a parachute but not lose your backpack if you jump in the water. (I did a test jump yesterday. jumped in water with parachute. swam to the beach for 7 minutes and didn't get my backpack back after the chute was removed.

5. Instead of "monetizing" attachments and weapons, monetize ranks or something that I currently cant think of. Use Role Specific Reward points from missions to show someone's experience in the server (so for each person, each role has their own progress and store item pool. Someone with a lot of experience can have higher Role Specific Ranks or privileges such as exclusive vehicles that only they can use or command the use of.

 

That is all for now. I want to clarify that the job that has been done is great. This is not me trying to be mean. I like the server and I can't find a better server that suits me more so I want to have all the arsenal to my use with minimal restrictions as others might agree. 

 

 Thank you for reading.

 

Kind Regards,

Muhammed

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Main topic of this feedback is the arsenal and monetization system.

Thanks in advance for your comments and feedback; I will just take issue with your use of the word "monetization" as we have no interest or capacity to charge anything.  The in-game "currency" is reward points which all players accumulate on the same equal level.

 

22 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

1. Make all weapons available but limit ammo. So for example an auto rifleman can equip a sniper or its ammo but cant simultaneously have them in their inventory, so therefore cant use it. As an Engineer or medic you might want to use LMG (like the SPAR-16s) style weapons for the better stats or maybe looks better, but with the 30round mags so you should be able to.

This would defeat the purpose of having different roles.  At base, the arsenal is configured to offer you the weaponry you're entitled to use for the role you've selected; in the field, you can pick up and use whatever you want, though you may suffer an aiming penalty for using non-class or non-faction weapons.

 

Plus there's no practical way for me to limit ammo.

 

22 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

2. Please make all attachments in a weapon available. Last thing I want to face after a small weapon pool (compared to what is available) is not being able to slap a sexy suppressor on my weapons.

The intention for the EU1 server (after several rounds of testing) is to make it an arcade atmosphere, so eventually yes, the arsenal will have all role-specific optics, and suppressors available without a need to unlock them.

 

22 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

3. Make the DLC content people paid for available. The server isn't super mil sim with strict rules. People come on for fun and go to do missions with others because it is better than doing them alone. There are other servers for ultimate realism (which also have mods for other weapon pools). 

I don't know what you're talking about here; the DLC content is available, as long as the item in question is available for the role you've selected.  The Promet weapons, for instance, are all available and unlocked.

 

22 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

4. Idk if you can do this but maybe adding a parachute think where u can still have a parachute but not lose your backpack if you jump in the water. (I did a test jump yesterday. jumped in water with parachute. swam to the beach for 7 minutes and didn't get my backpack back after the chute was removed.

If you jump out of an air vehicle you are automatically equipped with a parachute that is removed when you touch down.  If you want to take a parachute with you from the arsenal, that's up to you, but Arma does not inherently let you take multiple backpacks.

 

If you didn't get a backpack back after hitting the water that's probably a bug because the code is waiting for you to touch ground.  Added to the list.

 

22 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

5. Instead of "monetizing" attachments and weapons, monetize ranks or something that I currently cant think of. Use Role Specific Reward points from missions to show someone's experience in the server (so for each person, each role has their own progress and store item pool. Someone with a lot of experience can have higher Role Specific Ranks or privileges such as exclusive vehicles that only they can use or command the use of.

That's a bit beyond the scope of what we want to achieve for this version, plus it'd only be good for a given mission; once the mission is completed, everything would reset.

 

22 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

That is all for now. I want to clarify that the job that has been done is great. This is not me trying to be mean. I like the server and I can't find a better server that suits me more so I want to have all the arsenal to my use with minimal restrictions as others might agree. 

 

 Thank you for reading.

Thank you for taking the time to add your feedback, and I take your comments in the spirit they were delivered.  Looking forward to seeing you back on server!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ryko said:

Thanks in advance for your comments and feedback; I will just take issue with your use of the word "monetization" as we have no interest or capacity to charge anything.  The in-game "currency" is reward points which all players accumulate on the same equal level.

 

This would defeat the purpose of having different roles.  At base, the arsenal is configured to offer you the weaponry you're entitled to use for the role you've selected; in the field, you can pick up and use whatever you want, though you may suffer an aiming penalty for using non-class or non-faction weapons.

 

Plus there's no practical way for me to limit ammo.

 

The intention for the EU1 server (after several rounds of testing) is to make it an arcade atmosphere, so eventually yes, the arsenal will have all role-specific optics, and suppressors available without a need to unlock them.

 

I don't know what you're talking about here; the DLC content is available, as long as the item in question is available for the role you've selected.  The Promet weapons, for instance, are all available and unlocked.

 

If you jump out of an air vehicle you are automatically equipped with a parachute that is removed when you touch down.  If you want to take a parachute with you from the arsenal, that's up to you, but Arma does not inherently let you take multiple backpacks.

 

If you didn't get a backpack back after hitting the water that's probably a bug because the code is waiting for you to touch ground.  Added to the list.

 

That's a bit beyond the scope of what we want to achieve for this version, plus it'd only be good for a given mission; once the mission is completed, everything would reset.

 

Thank you for taking the time to add your feedback, and I take your comments in the spirit they were delivered.  Looking forward to seeing you back on server!

For my 1st point. I would argue that allowing people having all the weapons with limited ammo is making the roles system pointless to a noticeable extend. Role system is mainly based on clothing (e.g. ghillies) as well as abilities each guy has (eg. medics can use med kit, or engineers can use toolkit). Maybe as an auto rifleman or AT specialist you get less tired when carrying heavier loads since their roles is based around being able to carry stuff and still perform as good.  But for specific weapons such as the one I mentioned above which can be used as a normal AR (with a bit more accurate stats) I don't see why not letting people of all roles equip it (apart from pilots). As you said though I understand that the scope of what I suggest goes beyond what the version is intended for and I respect that. I wish to learn some SQF to try and come up with ideas/improvements that are practically programmable as you said which makes total sense. If I do learn SQF well, Would you accept me sending you small scripts to try on or test, after agreement? I would also, happily take the description of a function and turn it into code to ease that workload. We discussed about that in chat but I repeat here to make it more formal. (Due to my education being based around science, maths and computers I am quite skilled when it comes to taking into account variables and data sources that will affect the outcome or feedback etc)

 

Thank you for the quick reply.

Keep up the inspiring and amazing work you are producing.

 

Kind Regards,

Muhammed

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Cosmic said:

For my 1st point. I would argue that allowing people having all the weapons with limited ammo is making the roles system pointless to a noticeable extend. Role system is mainly based on clothing (e.g. ghillies) as well as abilities each guy has (eg. medics can use med kit, or engineers can use toolkit). Maybe as an auto rifleman or AT specialist you get less tired when carrying heavier loads since their roles is based around being able to carry stuff and still perform as good.  But for specific weapons such as the one I mentioned above which can be used as a normal AR (with a bit more accurate stats) I don't see why not letting people of all roles equip it (apart from pilots). As you said though I understand that the scope of what I suggest goes beyond what the version is intended for and I respect that. I wish to learn some SQF to try and come up with ideas/improvements that are practically programmable as you said which makes total sense. If I do learn SQF well, Would you accept me sending you small scripts to try on or test, after agreement? I would also, happily take the description of a function and turn it into code to ease that workload. We discussed about that in chat but I repeat here to make it more formal. (Due to my education being based around science, maths and computers I am quite skilled when it comes to taking into account variables and data sources that will affect the outcome or feedback etc)

 

Thank you for the quick reply.

Keep up the inspiring and amazing work you are producing.

 

Kind Regards,

Muhammed

The problem with your suggestion in the context of the server is that if everyone is running around with missiles, for example, it becomes too overpowered. This is purely my perception as a player. Role limitations are there to create a balanced and fair experience for all players on the server and the missions themselves are designed as such. Having access to all weapons but limited ammo also makes no sense as you can only carry a certain amount anyway due to weight restrictions. 
 

Things are set up for a reason based upon years of player feedback and hard work and effort from the AW team. 
 

If I may ask, how long have you been playing on I&A? Your username is not familiar to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, thanks to Ryko’s efforts it is really easy to just switch roles now in game. It works well and makes it easy to adjust according to the requirements on server at any given time. 
 

Even though I am a new Zeus, I base my mission designs on the roles available. If I design a mission with a set idea  in mind and then ten players come and wreck it with Titan AP in two mins, that is not going to be fun for anyone and removes the challenge.

 

I simply do not see how your suggestion is going to be for the benefit of the server and maintenance of a healthy player base. The challenge with role limitations makes the game fun. As can be proven by an auto rifleman and sniper sneaking up and taking out a Tigris with explosive charges 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2020 at 5:32 AM, Mad Eye Moody said:

I was on as Vortex and despite valiant efforts to evade enemy jets, got shot down twice. Once with passengers and once as I returned to base. As a result I got kicked from the slot. Seemed a bit unfair at the time as I did avoid several missiles. Apart from that thoroughly enjoyable. 

 

This reminds me of my very first car accident - a minor fender bender, where I skidded into someone's rear bumper.

 

At the time, I was convinced I was in the right because the driver in front of me drove erratically and stopped very suddenly, giving me no time to react and creating the situation that led to our fender bender.  We drove out to the collision reporting center where we had to fill out a report form.

 

"Where's the box that says 'the other driver stopped too suddenly?'", I asked myself, and the officer I submitted the form to.  This guy clearly had heard this complaint a million times.  He calmly asked me how much space I was leaving between myself and the guy driving in front of me.  "Enough," I said.  "Plenty," I opined.  "If you gave yourself enough space, you wouldn't be here," he replied.

 

The point of the story is - it's up to you to create your own safe environment.  If you get shot down by a jet, that is obviously evidence that says the skies are not friendly right now and that's a threat that needs to be dealt with before you can try to get players back into the AO.  You are the captain of your own ship.  If other players are trying to get you to fly out when there are enemy planes in the air, or too much anti-air, or a SAM site, or WHATEVER, you have the authority to tell them no.  That they have to remove that threat before you will risk your life (and theirs) to transport them in. Air transportation is convenient, but it's not the only way into an AO.

 

Further, this is the reason we give you two airframes - everyone can get unlucky.  But we limit the amount of airframes to give everyone a chance at the highly-coveted role of pilot.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    10,294
    Total Topics
    63,895
    Total Posts

×
×
  • Create New...