I&A 4 Beta Test Feedback

Ryko

Thanks for your comments, Scar.  Responding in reverse order -

7 hours ago, TheScar said:

But i m just better in pinpointing flaws and issues than i am good at pleasing other people s feelings.

I have no ego to bruise, I figure if you didn't approve of it in some way you wouldn't bother to participate.  Be heavy in your critique.

I call the decicion to add stock vehicles to certain roles (A10,BF,Slammer,Greyhawks,Sentinel)  that respawn on the regular a bad one.

I'm balancing a couple of factors here.

1) Players love to fly.  If we made the jets super rare, I'd hear about it from the players that love to fly CAS.  As it stands, there is a 45 minute respawn timer on the Wipeout, and 40 minutes on the Blackfoot, so I feel like it's somewhat delayed to have those assets constantly in the air.

2) Players are generally poor at dealing with armor as infantry. Yes, you can have a rifleman AT on the ground, but it doesn't take much for that guy to get taken out, and then everyone is mowed down by the enemy armor. Having CAS support is crucially important.

3) the UAVs are highly under-used by the current player base. I don't think I've seen a UAV strike mission used yet, mostly because those rewards are available to Squad Leaders / Team Leaders, and for some reason those roles are rarely used.

I do take your point that a well-used CAS vehicle can lay waste to an AO, and I do take steps to make the AO more challenging when friendly CAS is in the air, but from what I've observed over several sessions, it's fairly rare that a Wipeout lasts the entire mission.

apart from the side mission change and the points over rewards

I will bring forward the horrible problem of players "claiming" reward vehicles generated by side missions. It was always an ugly situation when a reward vehicle spawned from a side mission, and players uninvolved in that mission jumped in to the reward vehicle.  Since the vehicle was awarded to the team, it's also not against the rules for them to do so, but it always lead to harsh outcomes.  I'm not missing that dynamic and reward points make the success factor much more egalitarian.  What I will say about side missions is that I intend to incentivize them a bit more by offering that special vehicles (ie., non-faction) may be purchased by people who participated in a successful side mission.

I recognize this is cold comfort in the current system where only an Armor squad could use a Kuma (you've raised the issue of what players use reward points for after they've purchased their higher-end infantry gear) but I am thinking of adding a parameter option to make the use of armor more liberal, ie., non-armor players can use armor.  I'll be discussing with mods whether this should be a default EU1 setting or whether we like the segregation of Armor squads.

For real,the times i see CAS pilots surfing the AO regulary without any massive risk against them is breathtaking.

I have increased the amount of anti-air threat in the AO, but as I've said in the past I can't make it a flat increase or that Anti-Air threat will decimate the ground pounders.  A big part of this is just Arma AI, some times I see the units sit there with their Titan AA launchers tracking a friendly jet and not firing... I can't fix that level of AI stupidity.

A thing i find to be a improvement is the notice telling you what got you killed,altho i assume its hard to catch

(as the message gets displayed quite short) and i assume it isnt working in all possible events (killed in chopper,mission time,etc.) is this :

Yep, that's a known and annoying bug that I'm looking to fix.

I m aware BETA isnt about tweaking finally,but consider employing a fixed amount of enemy force for certain side missions.

It's hard to quantify this, especially because from what I've seen of your play style, it's not exactly fair on the AI.  You sit on a hill about a km away from the side mission, destroy the vehicles with Titan rockets, mow down the infantry with your Hunter's weapon, and then cruise in to mop up the rest. To put it simply - you're not supposed to be one-manning these missions, and I don't really want to put myself in the position of writing missions based around a single user's play style.

There are some scripts at play to deal with the fact that regular Arma AI is more or less helpless against this form of attack - they won't natively engage targets outside of a certain range - so I help them by having them have the option to call in Air support, or additional squads to move in to attack the threat. In "real life" an OPFOR wouldn't just sit there and take it.

As for a fixed amount of enemy force - in an ideal world, the mission wouldn't spawn units until it "knew" how many players were going to engage it. If I create a side mission with 2 squads of infantry and 2 squads of players show up to deal with it, I will get complaints that the side missions are too easy.  Similarly if I spawn 7 squads and two players show up, they will take a look at the regiment of enemy inf and complain that it's impossible.  I feel like a dynamic number based on the player count is still the way to go, it's just about finding that sweet spot (right now the side missions will spawn the same dynamic rate as a main AO, but with a 40% reduction in that number. I might move to 50%, we'll see).

there is a need to divide between respawn time (vehicle got destroyed and misson restricts respawn untill a certain time passed) and despawn time (vehicle despawns once no alive player is in <500m to its position and will respawn instant back on stock spawn place in base).

This is currently the case.

Vehicle respawning is tied to the type of vehicle that was destroyed.  Utility vehicles like quad bikes and hunters respawn very quickly: the base time is around 4 minutes (the respawn cycle is checked every minute, so it's as little as 4 minutes and as much as 5 minutes for these vehicles).  Special vehicles like APCs are 20 minutes; Slammer is 30 minutes; choppers are 10 minutes; attack choppers are 40 minutes; CAS plane is 45 minutes; Anti-Air plane (Black Wasp, etc) is an hour.

Vehicle de-spawning is a bit trickier. If the vehicle has been destroyed in the field, it's automatically added to the respawn queue. If it's abandoned in the field, it'll only be destroyed for being abandoned if the nearest player is more than 500m away, and it's been left alone for 15 minutes.  I recognize this is much different than how I&A3 handled despawned vehicles, especially as when a vehicle despawns, it's pretty much immediately put back into circulation at base.

I do agree that despawn time can be abused for several reasons i dont need to digg deeper in it as it doesnt really has a mission effectin factor.

But as seen in my above example the time values are way off to be comfortable and it will def get worse with raising player count using the current values.

Two reasons why I'm going this different route:

1) Encourage players to not use their vehicles as disposable transport.

2) Prevent the situation where a player takes a vehicle into the field, moves into position, but their vehicle despawns because it's considered to have been abandoned, so now it's not there when they go back to it.

I can tweak the above numbers, but I feel there are plenty of other options to getting into the AO, and methods for retrieving vehicles, that make the above approach reasonable.  I have certainly had complaints from players on point 2, especially ("My vehicle despawned while I was running back to it.").

First,this are all "stock" vehicles available on base that are free to use to everyone.

Well, it's a pub server. I don't think it's fair to lock up all the vehicles.  Plus, you yourself said you amass more reward points than you know what to do with, if you think there's a shortage of vehicles, there's nothing stopping you from buying a new Hunter for 500 points.

Beta 054 is ready for testing, we'll be running a beta test tomorrow (Wednesday) at 1900 UTC on EU1.

Change log:
1. Tweaked Zeus functionality to align with IA4 units (spawned units & vehicles have reward point event handlers and custom actions).
2. Armor commander and gunner can now carry toolkits.
3. Tweaks to cleanup script to reduce rpt spam
4. Fix to vehicle locking
5. Fixes to integrate with battleye filters (thanks GhostDragon)
6. If fog is set to none, it will reset to no fog every weather change to prevent fog build up.
7. If you're running and you press your vault key, you'll jump (a present for Plant1ng). Unfortunately this means that double-tapping V to eject from a plane does not work (use the scroll wheel or another keybind instead).
8. Added some explanatory text to squad join button to explain how to join / why you can't join a particular squad.
9. Added a welcome message to explain beta test and feedback options. Outside of beta, will be used to show Ahoyworld news and server rules.

10. Added HVT and other imagery to secondary tasks.
11. Fixed and tweaked what happens when players are wounded. No wound should automatically kill a player, rather it should put the player into the incapacitation state. Enemy units will no longer execute incapacitated players.
11A. The only exception to this are velocity-related accidents. If you fall from the sky or drive into a wall at greater than 15 m/s, you will die.
11B. Player who are incapacitated while in a vehicle are now ejected from the vehicle as they could not revived while in the vehicle.
12. Added a new squad: TALON. Talon is responsible for flying the CAP jet (Black Wasp / Shikra / Griffon) to defend other assets in the AO from air threats.
13. Fixed a bug where players participating in secondary (side) missions were not receiving reward points on mission completion.
14. Completing a secondary mission will add a new non-faction, non-opfor vehicle to your reward list. Example: Playing NATO against CSAT, completing a secondary mission will add an AAF vehicle to the reward vehicle list.
15. Tweaks to how vehicle loadouts are assigned. Some non-faction vehicles when purchased by players as rewards will be given a new paint scheme.
16. Tweaks to reloading vehicles with dynamic weapons in an effort to fix those issues.
17. Default loadouts for CAS and CAP planes have been adjusted.
18. Added Faronaki as a new AO.
19. Added air service marker on the Carrier (yes, it's possible to change vehicle weaponry and service on the carrier).
20. Fix to dynamic groups (had an issue where players couldn't join certain groups).
21. Players who are kicked from a group (example: CAS/CAP pilots lose their vehicle, or Vortex pilots lose their second vehicle) are now assigned to a new group of orphans called ROMEO. While in this group, you are considered a basic rifleman, but have no access to an arsenal. Additionally you accrue 3% damage per 10 seconds. Go back to base and change roles.

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

20 hours ago, Ryko said:

6. If fog is set to none, it will reset to no fog every weather change to prevent fog build up.

in BETA test phase i approve,but i was intimdatly touched by the total fog and i think im experiencing a "Stockholm syndrom" regarding the fog

20 hours ago, Ryko said:

10. Added HVT and other imagery to secondary tasks.

appreciate that

20 hours ago, Ryko said:

Enemy units will no longer execute incapacitated players.

:Why-min:

20 hours ago, Ryko said:

velocity-related accidents. If you fall from the sky or drive into a wall at greater than 15 m/s, you will die.

No

20 hours ago, Ryko said:

14. Completing a secondary mission will add a new non-faction, non-opfor vehicle to your reward list. Example: Playing NATO against CSAT, completing a secondary mission will add an AAF vehicle to the reward vehicle list.

why even ?

I´m currently occupied with RL issues and cannot have myself carry out another intifda thread about side mission and rewards,but i want the side rewards back (random list) and forget about that complicated (yet innovative) point system at all

Spoiler

I keep constant track of my old thread,in where the point system was mentioned first public but my opinion on the topic hasnt changed quite abit :

"If AW had admins with balls and comon sense there wouldnt be issues about side rewards in the first place - you dont need all that useless rules you cant even upkeep most of the time if you had a proper admin team (quanitiy and quality) to keep watch of any server event and apply goddamn comon sense ... in the end you waste a shitload of time in a much more complicated and biased point system that at least did one thing - it killed all emphaty for taking part in any side mission"

Ha,well - nearly lost it ,eh?

*drinks 1st whisky*

?

20 hours ago, Ryko said:

16. dynamic weapons

Spoiler

Gotta care about the DLC people,right ?

in b4 Dynamic weapons is only a thing for air units and its another step to cater the CAS nubs that wreck their shit in minutes

I mean,what are the benefits of this ?

I know,you know it ll propably only takes 3 days before you see the 1st pilot that will (ab)use a HMTT Ammo or HMMT Repair to service their aircrafts in seconds rather than wait till the service is done that runs on a timer for several minutes.

*drinks 2nd whisky*

Quite honestly,what is left of the old mission or the original I+A mission ?

Where´s the radiotowers?

Where´s the brilliant side missions (Secure Intel for example) and the random luck of getting THAT reward you always wanted ?

Where´s the one (and only) main base ?

The "Invade and Annex" is a breed of Domination that made it s way over 1000 of servers on ARMA 1 over to ARMA 2 and due to a steal got even ported to ARMA 3 (altho Xeno disapproved it) and THIS was the time I+A filled the niche and succeeded and even expanded it up to the level we all know now

... and this is why i m on the edge of this.

If it looks like I+A,smells like I+A but it aint as tasty as I+A

Spoiler

Feels like this his currently caters to much to EU3# and the milsim mentality they have than my beloved,chaos reigned EU1 be free to do what you want and feel good about it attitude.

In my opinion,updating the old mission with Ryko´s new developed AI and applying some technical update by the added BI functions,integrate the "newish" med system the BETA runs currently and distribute a AO route in the process the mission would of done way better.

But hey,opinions are like assholes and everyone has one ... right?

#spoilers contain advanced grim fuel´d statements that are only true to a certain %

#had to write that off my chest,been editing my post several times in order to edit out the evil to a certain degree

#dangmattsmith

#12 edit´s

Thanks for your feedback Scar, I know if you didn't care you wouldn't write.

updating the old mission with Ryko´s new developed AI

The problem is that as time goes on, IA3 becomes increasingly hard to maintain, and the only reason IA4 is running as well as it is, is because we have abandoned the underlying code of IA3.

Quite honestly,what is left of the old mission or the original I+A mission ?

Zero, in terms of code, but both missions are "capture the island" scenarios, with the same underlying mechanic. The differences between them are essentially cosmetic.

Where´s the radiotowers?

There is a destroy radio tower secondary objective.  If you're talking about a priority objective in the main AO, it's been replaced with a "destroy radar vehicle" sub objective.

Where´s the brilliant side missions (Secure Intel for example) and the random luck of getting THAT reward you always wanted ?

I'm happy to expand additional side missions over time, as an initial release, it can't have absolutely everything and the kitchen sink.

As for the random rewards, the general concensus is that this system didn't work as intended.  The rewards were for the TEAM, but the players who completed the side mission felt the reward belonged to them.  So even the way you put it "THAT reward you always wanted", isn't applicable, because it wasn't your reward, it was the team.

With reward points, you are free to save up for the reward you always wanted.

Where´s the one (and only) main base ?

Not sure what you mean by this, as you well know IA4 only has one main base.  Right now we've been testing off of the Terminal base for consistency and convenience, but there are five other bases that can be selected by parameter or random chance.

16. dynamic weapons

Well, it's in there mostly because Bohemia spent a lot of effort giving us a system to do so. Flying jets and choppers may not be your thing, but it is the thing for a lot of people, and as you've correctly pointed out, one pilot can devastate an entire AO, so this system (as it will ultimately become, not quite there yet) will integrate reward points into this, so that you can't just go out with 4 cluster bombs and wipe out the AO. You'll have to have a fair number of points to accomplish this.

Can it be abused? Probably. As for using repair/rearm HEMTTs to get ammo back, the end game on that will be to remove those vehicles and replace them with custom script that essentially brings the service pad elements with them.

why even ?

(re secondary missions giving additional reward vehicles)

This adds some of the flavour back from the side missions, and something special as a reward that benefits the team generally.

Regarding your other point about a "proper admin team (quanitiy and quality)" I can only say that in the context of reward vehicles on side missions in IA3, if a player decides to take one who didn't participate in the side mission, that's not against the rules.

velocity-related accidents.

Based on discussions in-game, I've changed this to affect only players outside of vehicles. Now when you crash your vehicle into a fence at 140 km/hr, the vehicle will probably be totalled, but you'll be flung outside the vehicle in the revive state. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- R

2 hours ago, TheScar said:

side mission(s) bugged (none at all)

Yup, tracked the bug and it's fixed in 056

AO engagement trigger should be enhanced (50m currently?) to 1000m

Not sure what this means as you are determined to be engaging an AO when you are 1000m away from the center of the AO "balloon"

a overall excessive amount of Viper and Reaper

Balance conversation, which we had in spades on server

purchased gear (mrco) isnt available anymore once reloaded in again

Yep, looking into that

some really dull AO´s that complete to quickly (as example 161183) ,maybe thin out some AOs and enforce remaining AO by alot?

Just because they were dull for you doesn't mean they were dull for other players participating in them, again, balance. As well, just because the AO completed doesn't mean all the OPFOR disappear, some still remain and they are moving to the next AO.

Each AO is going to be slightly different, with between 0-3 sub objectives (which add additional forces).

was involved in completing min. 2 AOs and not noticed receiving points for both occasions (might miss´d the marker that enables that message in menu)

If you're outside the engagement distance (1000m from center) you won't be considered as participating. This is arbitrary and cruel but it's the only way I have available. You still get points for kills regardless.  As well, you get 25% of the reward per minute (or it could be 30 second, can't remember) you are in the AO, and lose same every cycle you are outside of the AO. So if the AO completes the second after you respawned, you'll still get some level of credit.

just died´d to a fence i passed in my Hunter otw to give a guy a evac to base ... at 45kmh

Fixed in 056

playing rifleman is obsolete as there s no close quarter combat happening at all due to a lack of enemies in houses

Enemies do spawn in houses, they leave garrison when they're shot at so they don't sit there for target practice.

One thing I've noticed that's not playing as intended is that Gambler and Hitman are taking and one-manning multiple vehicles per squad, restricting it to a single vehicle per squad should help cut down on the amount of assets that engage the AO.

In our exchange on server today, you suggested that I don't play the mission, and that while I'm coding the mission I don't have a feel for how to create a mission that plays well. I reacted strongly to that ("You can make your own mission") mostly because there's an implicit assumption that making missions is easy. It's not, because it's not just about the code, it's about finding solutions to problems raised by players.  You suggested that there are too many assets in the AO, making it unfun for regular infantry, which is a legitimate concern, but if I just restrict the vehicles used by players then it becomes overly difficult to complete the AOs as presented. If I reduce the enemy vehicles to make it easier for friendly infantry to complete the AOs, now the AOs are too easy to complete.  It's a dog chasing its own tail, and the only way to find the right balance is to tweak it slightly with every revision.

I don't claim to have all the answers, nor do I claim to be an expert in making missions. I have had a bit of experience, I'm trying my best here, and I'm also trying to incorporate everyone's suggestions and criticisms (yours included) in order to make a balanced mission everyone can enjoy. There are going to have to be compromises to get to that point, it's not going to be perfect, but my hope is that everyone can live with the final product.

While doing a side-mission (enemy armor platoon) earlier today I shot 3 enemy vehicles (2 marrids, 1 T-140) with the main gun of the slammer from ~1.2km away.  But I didn't get any points.  I was in the commander role while in the gunner seat.  Tanks detonated immediately after a hit. 

- HVT Side mission spawned without the mission objective on EU1, ended Side mission via Admin menu, Objective Ring still on map, waiting if another side mission comes up, it didn't
- Player reported that CAS/CAP Pilots don't get kicked after they lost their jet (confirmed)
- Zeus roles can't see/hear AIR chat, is this on purpose?
- Engineer reported that he can't disarm placed charges

- Player reported not getting a parachute when paradropping and experiencing a hard landing. It worked for me, but i only tested once

- Ghosthawk supply drop doesn't work? only 1 source though and had no time to test myself
- Just died trying to take off from main base, was on the runway about to pull up, black screen, dead. Not idea what that was, i did not hit anything
- Map Squadmarkers will get mixed up from time to time. Raef (Vortex 2) was shown as Hitman e.g.

• 2 weeks later...

Change Log 056

---------------------------

1. Kill for velocity now restricted to players outside of vehicles (ie., forgetting to pull your chute).
2. Assets from uncompleted subobjectives now clean up after main AO is completed.
3. Vehicle nudge action now only flips vehicles in base.
4. New reward vehicle classes earned in secondary missions now properly propagated to players.
5. Added vehicle ammo drop and vehicle fuel drop miscellaneous rewards.
6. Fix for main AO not completing error.
7. Tweaked position of secondary arsenals by ground vehicle servicing.
8. Gave laser batteries to default loadout of armor commander. Whoops!
9. Tweaked how UAV view functionality works, 8/4/6/2 buttons now slew the camera N/W/E/S in 150m increments.
10. Slight increase to vehicle respawn times.
11. Developed vehicles functionality. By default, Armor groups (Hitman and Gambler) are limited to one vehicle per group. The first vehicle occupied by a member of the group is the vehicle that is 'claimed'.
12. Added GUI messages for Gambler, Hitman, Vortex, Viper, Reaper and Talon with condensed rules that player must agree to in order to join squad.
13. Tweaks/fixes to some secondary missions. Added Destroy Prototype Tank secondary mission (thanks Stanhope). Added timer to retry a secondary mission spawn if one hasn't spawned (fallback condition for if a secondary mission doesn't spawn due to an error).
14. Added new East Wind secondary mission.
15. Tweaks to main mission generation, in particular anti-air resources.
16. Engineers can now deactivate mines and other charges.
17. Tweaks to helicopter ammo drop
18. Tweaks to default marksman loadout, which had some DLC kit.
19. Fixed restoration of custom weapons and gear when player reconnects.
20. Renamed Romeo squad to Zulu squad.
21. Overhaul of Keybinds and toggled functions; squad radar and name tags are now not controlled by keybinds, but by toggle buttons in the new KEYBINDS + INTERFACE button on the IA4 menu.
22. Light overhaul of map interface. Empty player vehicles now show up on map as yellow icons; locked vehicles show as cyan. Name of vehicle appears based on zoomed in distance. Vehicle icons on map can be toggled on or off in IA4 interface options.
23. Spotting results are now stationary based on the spotted target's position when they were spotted (they no longer move with the target). Spot markers in the world interface fade out after 10 seconds, but fade out on the map over 30 seconds.
24. Fixed bug where gunners wouldn't see spot markers in the gunner interface.
25. Overhaul and fixes for vehicle servicing and pylon weapons replacement.
26. Custom squads overhauled. Added mission parameter to allow custom squads to be created without squad leaders, allowing for one-man squads.

Hey i found some script errors in my rtp file:

21:28:55 Error in expression < = ""; };
_virtualGroup = virtualGroups select _group;

_virtualGroupMembers = _>
21:28:55   Error position: <select _group;

_virtualGroupMembers = _>
21:28:55   Error Zero divisor
21:28:55 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\DG\DG_client.sqf, line 158

21:29:03 Error in expression <
localVirtualGroups = [];
{    if ( count (_x select 4) > 0 ) then
{    localVirtualGr>
21:29:03   Error position: <_x select 4) > 0 ) then
{    localVirtualGr>
21:29:03   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
21:29:03 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\DG\squad_dialog.sqf, line 38

21:29:25 Error in expression <0};

_virtualGroups = [];
{    if ( count (_x select 4) > 0 ) then
{    _virtualGroups>
21:29:25   Error position: <_x select 4) > 0 ) then
{    _virtualGroups>
21:29:25   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
21:29:25 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\DG\squad_management.sqf, line 19

Points to note from tonight's test:

• Alpha Anti Air default rifle is removed by script when playing as NATO Pacific
  • Loadout script removed my parachute while falling during paradrop :) I went splat
  • I think vehicle/AI clean up should be a little more aggressive. Picture shows vics and civilians from the last 3-4 AO's, including Opfor, Blufor and civ vehicles. I love that the enemy AI stay it adds a cool dimension to gameplay but the part of me that worries about server load hates that vics and civs are left behind

Spoiler

1122553033_ArmA3Screenshot2019_03.13-22_19_30_44.thumb.png.b55717b79cfe89b85c891c74d92312fd.png

• Arty strike reward purchase runs through timer on map but no shell lands
  • Reward points were not being deducted when purchasing items, but were deducted on donation
  • Helicopter ammo drop had an error when triggered on the ground
  • I accidentally called an ammo box while in base by calling it then purchasing a vehicle which teleported me to the base and brought the ammo box spawn with me

Spoiler

1058460711_ArmA3Screenshot2019_03.13-23_58_40_39.thumb.png.6fa4dbc8f1b5a029e03333d3e3129061.png

Zeus stuff:

Ctrl double click command for RC is disabled (Probably a CBA thing)

Garrison instant results in Kick

Zeus spawned units are being cleaned up and deleted

Reinforcement function is disabled

Suppressive Fire function disabled

Spawning Submarine/Frigate results in kick

The 5 minute hunt for that Elite squad was awesome though.

Apologies if this is blunt, not intended as a criticism just a list;

Typo in hunter descriptions (code for creating a new paragraph has space in it) when purchasing the rewards (screenshot).

Spoiler

20190314141928_1.thumb.jpg.b10e5719dcc2d3bc255fda86497ea796.jpg

• IR Laser pointer is loaded from a saved loadout without being purchased.
  • inventory is randomly closing when I'm moving stuff around (i.e. between backpack and vest).
  • Reward points don't seem to be used when I buy items from the 'gear' section.
  • .45 ACP (Lots).

.45 ACP:

• I buy it and it shows up in the arsenal but I can not get any ammo besides the three mags as added by default when I buy it.
  • If I die/respawn it suddenly becomes unavailable in the arsenal (may take a few deaths/respawns but always happens).
  • if I load a loudout with it after previous errors if gives me a notification that it has been removed (also happens if i loot one from a corpse).
  • in rewards window it shows I own it and no option to re-buy after error occurs.
  • Same occurs if I unlock it and change my role, as all other gear is available (providing not class locked) assuming this is a bug.

Is it intentional to only allow MXCs for most classes or is it just placeholder with MX rifles being available on release?

I don't know if you've tweaked the stamina but it seems like i can carry more before being reduced to the walk... it's very much appreciated.

Few small things. 

1. Infantry personal can’t get in ad passanger in Marshall /Slammer If they ”missklick to a crew role in the Veichle. 

2. Armor can’t rearm from Veichle ammo box ”Viechle have No clip” it says. 

3. Our tank cannons seems Much Weaker then the Opfor Guns. 4shots on a T-140 to disable it with the slammer 120mm Gun .

And the already known ”Max Veichle” Bug for Gambler and Hitman

besides those it looks great. 

4 hours ago, Patrik_swe said:

Few small things. 

1. Infantry personal can’t get in ad passanger in Marshall /Slammer If they ”missklick to a crew role in the Veichle. 

Yup, already top of the list and I think fixed for 057

2. Armor can’t rearm from Veichle ammo box ”Viechle have No clip” it says. 

Will check

3. Our tank cannons seems Much Weaker then the Opfor Guns. 4shots on a T-140 to disable it with the slammer 120mm Gun .

Blame arma, the T-140 is meant to be very powerful and it very much depends on where you hit it. If you are hitting it on the front you are intended to have a very tough time.

Hi,

I have looked through this thread and not found this, so I'd like to report an issue we had on one of the last test runs, concerning the "vehicle per squad" limit.

I was in a squad with a buddy, and when one AO was finished, we tried to take a vehicle from there and move to the next one. However, only one of us could get in and the other was kicked out because the limit was supposedly reached. This was kind of annoying, and I heard other players complaining about the same issue too.

Then something about armor-to-infantry ratio:

When we played, there were also not a lot of AT or CAS players online, so the struggle with the armor-heavy enemy forces was also noticeable. After they were dealt with, the rest was relatively easy because I have the feeling that there is not as much enemy infantry as there is in I&A3. So not a lot to do for people who want to clear houses and are best equipped to deal just with infantry.

Finally, on a side note, please add the Navid 9.2 as a reward-weapon, it is my absolute favorite and I missed it. I would give 2000 points for that ?

regards,

sheepster

Edit: choice of words and grammar fixed ?

Yeah the vehicle-per-squad thing was a bug that's being addressed in the next version. There won't be a restriction on regular infantry squads, but (by default) Armor squads will be limited to one armored vehicle each.  What this means is that if Gambler Driver is in the field, one-manning a Panther, and a Slammer spawns, Gambler Gunner won't be able to get into it and take it (you'll get an error saying that Gambler has already claimed it's vehicle (the Panther)).  Gambler Driver can abandon the vehicle in the field, letting the Gunner take the Slammer, but you can't run both vehicles at the same time.

I've tweaked the amount of armor that spawns in the next version.  It's hard when you have some players saying there's not enough armor, and others saying too much, so eventually with tweaks every test, we'll probably find the right balance.

Added in the MMG's to the next reward definitions! :)

Hey

Thought of something:

As BI added some camouflage, will it be possible to choose the camo we want for the vehicle?

I thought of it as an option at the service pad (only there).

(In that way Scar could do his pink day whenever he wants...)

I don't know if it is scripting possible but it's an idea like that

So right now I just add everything that's available to add. The problem is that there are different camo schemes for each vehicle so a one-size-fits-all approach doesn't work. And I'm not going to expend programming time (at this point) on inherently cosmetic bits and pieces.