I&A 4 Beta Test Feedback

Ryko

Some of the errors from my RPT from today.  Lindi was collecting the normal feedback so I'll wait until he has posted that before giving feedback myself:

Spoiler

22:25:35 Wrong color format size #ff000

22:24:31 Performance warning: SimpleSerialization::Write 'params' is using type of ',TEXT' which is not optimized by simple serialization, falling back to generic serialization, use generic type or ask for optimizations for these types

22:22:09 Trying to execute a disabled command 'createvehiclelocal' (2 args)
22:22:09 Error in expression <r;     

_smokeg = "SmokeShellVehicle" createVehicleLocal [0,0,0];
_smokeg setP>
22:22:09   Error position: <createVehicleLocal [0,0,0];
_smokeg setP>
22:22:09   Error Generic error in expression
22:22:09 File A3\functions_f\Effects\fn_effectFiredSmokeLauncher.sqf [BIS_fnc_effectFiredSmokeLauncher], line 52

22:25:09 trying to call remoteexec(call) with 0 targets for func 'hintsilent'. maximum is 1000

Some of the errors from my RPT from today. 

Spoiler 22:25:35 Wrong color format size #ff000

22:24:31 Performance warning: SimpleSerialization::Write 'params' is using type of ',TEXT' which is not optimized by simple serialization, falling back to generic serialization, use generic type or ask for optimizations for these types

I believe these 2 are arma had them before in other missions

Oh yea, but the second one is in there so much it's something in a loop that's throwing it.  And although not game breaking I'd like to have an rpt that doesn't contain 3060 of those lines (yes that's the exact amount of lines with that error, no I didn't count them, I made a tool that counted them for me).  And the colour format is something somewhere that has been passed a hex colour instead of the RGBA version arma expects. 

Observations on 047

Feature: Most of Achiles modules broken or dissabled? (Grayed out option windows)

Feature: Inventory not staying open for more than a second or two in base.

Observation: Extra arsenal needed at vehicle pad, ammo box is inadequate

Suggestion: Guardian base. Block off chopper pads completely to prevent ramming of choppers with vehicles.

Suggestion: Separate spawn for pilots closer to the choppers?

Feature: Stanhope was both pilot and Co-pilot for Viper squad

Feature: 53 players online my frames  ~20 to 25 (normal for I&A3), suspect scaling enemy precence to players and lots of dead bodies and vehicles laying about, maybe make clean up faster?    

Feature: Black foot inner pylons not assigned to pilot or gunner (Dagrs)            
Feature: Midnight Reported trying to mute a player (map/players/mute) but it muted the player 5 rows above the intended one.
Feature: Players are able to teleport to the carrier, but the carrier is not there!

just some things i noticed from the test:

1. goblin uav fell down (crashed)  like a brick when it spawned in the air again after "servicing"
2. donating points doesn't work (pressing "donate" doesn't do anything)
3. buying uav actions doesn't work (pressing "purchase" doesn't do anything)

some suggestions (my opinion):

1. make Crossroads whitelisted or somthing along those lines so not every person can just grab to troll with

maybe apply for HQ acces on forums

or maybe an in game voting system so that if someone wants the role they can cast a vote among the other players

2. Opening doors of the tower would be fun to use as atc

This is me being both pilot and co-pilot of viper.  Before that I was both vortex-3 and viper pilot at the same time. 

And additionally when we were landed at 'guardian' for repairs the enemy neo strafed the blackfoot.  I was standing outside of it, xwatt was sitting in it.  This all while it was servicing.  This happened to the hint after it was destroyed.

Also multiple people reported that buying rewards was completely broken , they said they couldn't buy anything.  I didn't check myself. 

And someone said that the grenadier role spawned without uniform and that he couldn't chose one in the arsenal either. 

1. Joined the server and side mission could not complete, unable to release hostages.

Spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

hFnglvW.jpg

Completed successfully after killing 2 of the hostages.

2. Could not join the Zeus slot 

Spoiler

kBJ4Ec1.jpg

3. Removed from pilot slot for being idle while not idle.

Took off from base, crashed (1st attempt) then immediately got removed for being idle

Spoiler

zR0qLoL.jpg

4. Counter attack mission did not complete once cleared.  still on map 45 mins later.

Spoiler

CsRIJDQ.jpg

On a positive note got 1 hour and 20 mins without crashing.

Update for 2. Worked when I respawned but when I switch back to a normal slot from Zeus I still have god mode on

5. Tasks disappeared from map and scroll

Spoiler

lDtochs.png

6. Rifleman flying huron.

Spoiler

jd9mAaD.jpg

7. can confirm reward purchases does not work.

Here some errors from RPT file .

21:28:45 Attempt to override final function - achilles_fnc_spawn

21:29:07 Cannot create non-ai vehicle Ares_Module_Player_Teleport,
21:29:07 Cannot create object 24:25 with type[Entity], param[Ares_Module_Player_Teleport], NMT code[91]:
21:29:07 Cannot create object 24:26 with type[AIUnit], param[unit], NMT code[113]:

21:31:22 Trying to execute a disabled command 'createvehiclelocal' (2 args)

21:36:43 Trying to execute a disabled command 'ctrlcreate' (2 args)

21:45:50 Error in expression <1.3 * EXT_DRIVE_DIRT_VOLUME * DRIVE_DIRT_CONDI>
21:45:50   Error position: <EXT_DRIVE_DIRT_VOLUME * DRIVE_DIRT_CONDI>
21:45:50   Error Undefined variable in expression: ext_drive_dirt_volume

22:04:53 Scripting function 'rewardbuy' is not allowed to be remotely executed

22:21:03 Scripting function 'bis_fnc_settasklocal' is not allowed to be remotely executed

Some of the stuff I’ve noticed:

• FPS problems across the server in areas with large player numbers and when switching to AO’s close by. FPS continued to be low across the map when flying in and out of AO couldn’t seem to find a sweet spot was around 11 to 25 for me with the occasional spikes, other users might be able to comment on the spikes being related to events.
  • Cannot donate points
  • Cannot buy gear items/vehs 
  • Kicking after crashing two airframes isn’t working
  • The purchasing of silencers etc seems a bit strange in my opinion, purchasing “exotic” weapons like the AK12 etc could be a better idea as if you’re trying to go semi stealth and die you need to keep buying stuff.
  • Zeus couldn’t seem to edit the weather as we had fog and lots of it 
  • USS freedom had sunk (wasn’t there)

Apart from that it seems a lot better and smoother than the last test, was enjoyable to play 

Thanks folks, I'm sorry I couldn't be there for the actual test. Family stuff I couldn't get away from...

On 1/1/2019 at 4:33 PM, Stanhope said:

Performance warning: SimpleSerialization::Write 'params' is using type of ',TEXT' which is not optimized by simple serialization, falling back to generic serialization, use generic type or ask for optimizations for these types

This has been the bane of my existence, next to vehicle respawning. I have no idea what's causing this. I think it's related to using publicVariable to try and send a large chunk of text, but I don't see where I do that.

On 1/1/2019 at 4:33 PM, Stanhope said:

22:22:09 Trying to execute a disabled command 'createvehiclelocal' (2 args)

Hmmm, this kind of sucks because it means Bohemia uses the createVehicleLocal in one of its scripts, and I'm disabling the command as an anti-hacking measure. I have a sense it's connected to vehicle smoke launchers as it stems from 22:22:09 File A3\functions_f\Effects\fn_effectFiredSmokeLauncher.sqf [BIS_fnc_effectFiredSmokeLauncher], line 52, however I'm surprised they'd use a local effect for that.

23 hours ago, Lindi said:

Feature: Most of Achiles modules broken or dissabled? (Grayed out option windows)

Achilles uses its own functions, and since I have disabled the ability of clients to remotely execute functions and scripts on the server unless they are specifically whitelisted, I am basically reduced to waiting to see what functions and scripts produce this error, and then whitelisting them. 048 should fix achilles, and a variety of other things that weren't working...

Feature: Inventory not staying open for more than a second or two in base.

I'm not sure what's causing this, but I'm investigating. I had heard a report that it's linked to opening up the static inventory boxes, so I will be replacing those with standard arsenal boxes, by popular demand.

Suggestion: Guardian base. Block off chopper pads completely to prevent ramming of choppers with vehicles.

Yup

Feature: Stanhope was both pilot and Co-pilot for Viper squad

Nice one Stan

Feature: 53 players online my frames  ~20 to 25 (normal for I&A3), suspect scaling enemy precence to players and lots of dead bodies and vehicles laying about, maybe make clean up faster?    

There are some provisions in the mission for faster removal of dead bodies and wrecks; my intention with the cleanup script is to try and remove bodies that have been clearly abandoned by players so they don't immediately despawn in full view of the player. Every "cleanup period" the script checks all dead bodies and wrecks to see if they're within a certain distance of any player, and if not, they are removed. Further, there is a scaled acceleration so if we are more than 20 players, both the frequency of this cleanup period, and the distance from any player, are reduced.  I'll continue to fine tune these numbers.

As for the presence of enemies, that is such a tricky thing. If I scale back the number of enemies, people complain that the AOs are completed too quickly.

Feature: Midnight Reported trying to mute a player (map/players/mute) but it muted the player 5 rows above the intended one.

That's a Bohemia/Arma thing, not related to the mission.

Feature: Players are able to teleport to the carrier, but the carrier is not there!

I'll definitely have to check where it went...

23 hours ago, Kacper said:

Also I've seen an enemy Neophron landing at base

I don't know why they're still doing that, I've gone to great lengths to try and get them to stop doing that...

21 hours ago, applechaser said:

2. donating points doesn't work (pressing "donate" doesn't do anything)
3. buying uav actions doesn't work (pressing "purchase" doesn't do anything)

These were both functions that didn't make it into the whitelist, they're there in version 048.

1. make Crossroads whitelisted or somthing along those lines so not every person can just grab to troll with

maybe apply for HQ acces on forums

or maybe an in game voting system so that if someone wants the role they can cast a vote among the other players

I'd like to eventually implement this, for both Crossroads as well as the specialized roles (Sierra/Tango recon, Armor, Vortex trans, Viper and Reaper CAS).

2. Opening doors of the tower would be fun to use as atc

I think those doors are locked by Bohemia.

13 hours ago, Stanhope said:

And someone said that the grenadier role spawned without uniform and that he couldn't chose one in the arsenal either. 

I'm not sure what's up with the grenadier role, but I've seen that before, as well.

10 hours ago, Mark T said:

side mission could not complete, unable to release hostages.

Again, another function that wasn't whitelisted, it's entered now and that should work.

9 hours ago, Mark T said:

6. Rifleman flying huron.

All players, even Vortex pilots, are classed as "rifleman" - it's the squad / role that determines whether you can fly a heli or not.

7 hours ago, Igor said:

I'm glad to catch that, that's a common way hackers are able to give themselves a method to run scripts on the server.  Not that I'm saying you did, but that's why that command is disabled, as the mission will never need to run that.

3 hours ago, drewc95 said:

FPS problems across the server

I'm sorry to say that this isn't actually that useful a comment, unless you can give me some additional context (ie., you encountered FPS problems in a specific situation and it fluctuated a lot - good one second, bad the next). I don't know anything about your computer and internet connection, which are both huge factors in determining how your client runs the mission.  Most people report better FPS in 4 than in 3.

3 hours ago, drewc95 said:

Zeus couldn’t seem to edit the weather as we had fog and lots of it 

Yes, the setFog command wasn't whitelisted - the weather commands are now available.

24 minutes ago, Ryko said:
7 hours ago, Igor said:

I'm glad to catch that, that's a common way hackers are able to give themselves a method to run scripts on the server.  Not that I'm saying you did, but that's why that command is disabled, as the mission will never need to run that.

The command "ctrlCreate" is used in compass.sqf (line 16 and 22) and this script is executed in onPlayerRespawn.sqf.

9 hours ago, Ryko said:

I think those doors are locked by Bohemia.

It might also be related to dynamic simulation.  I've had some problems with it for some side missions in I&A 3 and I think I fixed it by opening the doors with script. 

Some things i saw:

1. Clean-Up script dosn't work, everywhere were dead bodys
2. No second arsenal, there are resupply boxes but they are a bit Glitched, throwing out of inventory or not being accessible
3. Reaper Pilot was flying Ghost Hwak, don't think that's intended that way
4. Some information would be nice, like a secondary mission marker and an info text, not just an circle somewhere
5. I changed often roles to see what their equip is, that's when I noticed I blocked 6 slots in a squad and no role was properly working for me anymore

6 hours ago, Sentri said:

1. Clean-Up script dosn't work, everywhere were dead bodys

I've checked the logs and the script is running: if you were seeing the dead bodies, then the clean up script is probably working as intended. The script is designed to clean up bodies and wrecks that are outside the immediate visual range of the player, so you don't run up to scavenge equipment from a body, and it suddenly despawns because the it's time to run the script. Once all players are far enough away from a dead body, it will despawn. I'm fine tuning the timing and distance for these checks, in order to improve performance.

2. No second arsenal, there are resupply boxes but they are a bit Glitched, throwing out of inventory or not being accessible

I'm going to change these static boxes to arsenals as that's fairly easy to accomplish, but this version is the first time I'd heard of that bug or I would probably have done it sooner.

3. Reaper Pilot was flying Ghost Hwak, don't think that's intended that way

No, it's not.

4. Some information would be nice, like a secondary mission marker and an info text, not just an circle somewhere

The secondary missions are tasks, if you click on the task on the map you will be reward with information about what you're supposed to do.

5. I changed often roles to see what their equip is, that's when I noticed I blocked 6 slots in a squad and no role was properly working for me anymore

Yeah, that's a bug.

Thanks for posting