I&A 4 Beta Test Feedback

Ryko

Hi folks,

Here's the thread to provide comments, questions or criticism for Invade & Annex 4.

Current changelog (version 040):

1. Loadout automatically saved when arsenal is closed.
2. Fix for units can't ride in helicopter cargo.
3. Fixed Team Leader, Spotter added to UAV chat channel.
4. Tweak to gear removal daemon (CTRG marksman had SPAR17 removed despite it being in default loadout)
5. Players may now see other group's waypoints (useful for showing helicopter pilots where to go, for example)
6. Tweak to hostage rescue mission (rescue addactions may now disappear after being used, thus allowing the mission to complete)
7. Tweaks to automatic parachute script (previously worn backpacks were not restored)
8. Added weapon optics, muzzles and bipods to gear restriction script.
9. Tweaks to vehicle respawning in attempt to fix it.
10. Added Sling Weapon action.
11. Tweaks to blufor tracking and spotting, you can now spot civilian and teammates. Spot timeout increased to 60 seconds (from 30).
12. Deploying chaff/flares in base zone now doesn't count as firing in base.
13. Tweaks to vehicle ejection detection so parachutes are only applied when required.
14. Added NVGs to default loadouts in CTRG.
15. Fix to destroy artillery mission (mission wouldn't complete if arty partially destroyed or uncrewed)
16. Added respawn report button to IA4 menu.
17. Tweaks to handleHeal event handler to attempt to reward medical actions.
18. Tweaked fog settings (default: no fog).
19. Added skyscraper buildings to Pyrgos and Kavala.
20. Added enemy mortar support; mortar team occasionally spawns in main AO and targets players in the area. Enemy mortars target with RED SMOKE and after they are sighted in, will fire HE shells.

Our next beta test is tonight at 1900 UTC.

- Loadout saving script doesn't save weapon attachments

- pls nerf artillery mission (add red smoke on his targeting position :p)

- earplugs deactivated after a respawn

- add MAAWS for LAT pls

- let us test Crossroads (Platoon command) abilities if they are ready

From Fridays test:

20:04:55 Error in expression <ompass.sqf";                

idleDaemon = [] spawn idleCode;

[] spawn uiKB;

cutText ["">
20:04:55   Error position: <idleCode;

[] spawn uiKB;

cutText ["">
20:04:55   Error Undefined variable in expression: idlecode
20:04:55 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\onPlayerRespawn.sqf, line 42

• Ryko pinned this topic

I&A 4 is looking really good, enjoyed a lot of the features in it. Couple things I noticed,

1. As Auto rifleman, I could see certain face wear items in the arsenal but could not apply them.

2. When I purchased the Mk200 I could not access the relevant ammo for it. 

3. I also lost connection to the server a couple times with the error being A3\air_f_beta\heli_transport_01\heli_transport_01_int_base_as.paa.

I don't know if this was on my end or not but I thought I'd stick it in here anyway.

20 hours ago, paulhowells said:

The picture is just a reference rather than where the spawn should be.

So I like this idea, I think that five lanes is probably a bit overkill; two lanes should probably suffice, and while I'm thinking about it, I will combine the pickup zone with a rearm/refuel/repair station.

I very much like the idea of adding signs in base that direct players where they need to go. I also had this idea of reducing the sign clutter in base (there are no less than seven images on different sign boards throughout the base) - instead of signs for each image, there will be about two large signboards per base that rotate through the images.

I have finished the next update to IA4, we are now at beta 042.

Here is the changelog for 041:

1. Removed red smoke grenades from player arsenal to avoid confusion.
2. Pilot roles now added to UAV chat channel.
3. Spotted markers now disappear on dead targets instead of turning into civilian markers.
4. Tweak to map / waypoint display
5. Ammo drop fixed (now just one crate)
6. Spotting range changed to 2d distance rather than 3d distance
7. Player in command of squad is now indicated by ^ marker in squad menu.
8. Fixes to cleanup script.
9. Secondary missions won't spawn if players aren't connected (persistent mission quality of life issue).
10. Tweaks to fog.
11. Tweaks to vehicle respawning
12. Pilots may now carry and use Tool kits.
13. Tweaks to player healing, hopefully fixed reward for this.
14. Fixes to destroy enemy artillery side mission:
- reduced by 100% the rate at which artillery fires.
- players in artillery danger zone receive notification that rounds are incoming.
15. Tweaks to ammo box drop.
16. Tweak to role selection (you cannot join Viper or Reaper if an appropriate vehicle is not available to use)
17. Reduced initial spawned ground vehicles to prevent clutter.
18. Disabled side voice chat.
19. Added UAV View to IA4 menu - you must be Platoon Commander, Squad Leader, Team Leader or Spotter role to use this. It's currently a bit buggy - unexpected results may occur.

... and what to expect in 042:

1. Added custom repair / refuel / rearm scripting to the service pads. Use the welding cart / tool cart / engine crane by each pad to activate vehicle servicing.
- The vehicle closest to the service pad (Rescue helipad) will be serviced.
- Vehicle engine must be turned off for servicing.
2. Redesigned the bases to accommodate integrated helipads. Helicopters may be serviced at the helipads. De-cluttered some of the billboards; billboard media rotates on billboards every 20 seconds.
3. Tweaks to vehicle respawning
4. Complete overhaul of UAV view control.
5. Added 'what's new in I+A4' dialog
6. Enemy units drop weapons again now that gear restrictions have been loosened.
7. Reduced frequency of ambient AI spawns, and increased ranges from any player that ambient can spawn in at.

8. Added 'Nudge Vehicle' action to vehicles to allow you to get the unstuck. Must be empty of crew, nothing behind it, and will provide a small amount of velocity rearward.
9. Overhauled reward points donation. It is now a separate submenu beside the vehicles, weapons, gears and miscellaneous tabs on the top of the dialog. You can now specify a specific player, a group, or the whole team.

The next beta test is tomorrow (Friday) at 1900 UTC, on EU1!

15 hours ago, Ryko said:

1. Removed red smoke grenades from player arsenal to avoid confusion.

That's not funny...

15 hours ago, Ryko said:

12. Pilots may now carry and use Tool kits.

Nice

15 hours ago, Ryko said:

- players in artillery danger zone receive notification that rounds are incoming.

With the no red smoke, it's a little bit redundant, no?

I like the way it become (from the update, i can't play until 4th of december)

7 hours ago, Walk'N said:

With the no red smoke, it's a little bit redundant, no?

Any time a player threw smoke and it was a red grenade, everyone would panic that artillery was incoming... removing red smokes from the arsenal now makes it clear that if you see red smoke, you're in trouble.

The notification is there because players don't always see the smoke.

40 minutes ago, Dreas said:

Did I understand correctly that you have problems with the version (4.x) and the third person?

If so, is that customizable or do I have to be prepared to play in the first person in the future?

Bug with server settings, not related to the mission.  Next version you'll have 3rd person etc.

I&A 4.0 Beta Test - My review

Hello! For the last few weeks, I had the pleasure of playing on the EU2 public server to beta test I&A 4.0, and even though I only spent a few hours and could only test the pilot slot and the armor slot, it was amazing! Here are just some things that need to be done:

-We should get the UP version of the M2A1 instead of the normal variant, because when you’re fighting a company’s worth of infantry, T-100s, BTRs, T-140s and Marids, its nice to have an extra .50 cal HMG

-Enemy air should be nerfed. Shikras, Neophrons, and Kajmans spawn every 5-15 minutes and they constantly hunt helicopters the moment they leave base safezone

-A new rule has been added so if you crash 2 aircraft as a pilot, you’re kicked out of pilot slot for 30 minutes. I think that being killed by OP air shouldn’t count, and the same for crash landing after AA hits your aircraft with powerful AA missiles. 

-Ambient vehicles should be decreased. Right now, if you dont know, enemy vehicles would (or at least SHOULD) spawn in areas that happen to be not captured, or at least yet! The amount of vehicles should be decreased, and I personally think it should be armed Ifrits or Tempest Transport (Covered) filled with infantry that would disembark at the AO, then the vehicle would return back to where it came from

More to come. I'm pretty sure there's another test tonight.

31 minutes ago, ComboTombo said:

-We should get the UP version of the M2A1 instead of the normal variant, because when you’re fighting a company’s worth of infantry, T-100s, BTRs, T-140s and Marids, its nice to have an extra .50 cal HMG

I believe this is now the case

-Enemy air should be nerfed. Shikras, Neophrons, and Kajmans spawn every 5-15 minutes and they constantly hunt helicopters the moment they leave base safezone

-A new rule has been added so if you crash 2 aircraft as a pilot, you’re kicked out of pilot slot for 30 minutes. I think that being killed by OP air shouldn’t count, and the same for crash landing after AA hits your aircraft with powerful AA missiles. 

Yeah, I've reduced the frequency of ambient CAS, still want to refine it a bit but it should be a bit more reasonable for tonight's test.

-Ambient vehicles should be decreased. Right now, if you dont know, enemy vehicles would (or at least SHOULD) spawn in areas that happen to be not captured, or at least yet! The amount of vehicles should be decreased, and I personally think it should be armed Ifrits or Tempest Transport (Covered) filled with infantry that would disembark at the AO, then the vehicle would return back to where it came from

Ambient has also been reduced significantly.

Noticed a few things while testing the I&A 4 beta and it is the following;

*Issues;

- Grenadier squad role is missing gear/item options from the Arsenal

- AI soldiers do not appear after being bought from the reward menu

- On one occasion, a Hunter HMG I bought from the reward menu spawned in the ground and flew into the air (ex dee)

*Personal Suggestions;

- Add the regular MX for all squad roles.
- Add the MAAWS launcher for the Light Anti-Tank role.
- Add more scope variants to the reward menu or Arsenal.

Obviously because its a beta version there are bound to be future changes, this is just my two cents.

20181130204109_1.jpg

20181130204028_1.jpg

20181130204024_1.jpg

20181130204016_1.jpg

20181130212640_1.jpg

Quickly before I go to sleep this is the only error that popped up in my RPT:

22:08:22 Error in expression <110, _this select 1]) splitString ")-") select 1;
((findDisplay 5000) displayCtr>
22:08:22   Error position: <select 1;
22:08:22   Error Zero divisor

But I did get about a thousand lines of message simply saying "Overflow", causing my rpt to be 922kB instead of the usual 100-500.