Community Update#3

Mark T

Have you considered using something other than Teamspeak for coms? I'm mainly thinking about Discord which should have all the features you need and is free to host. 
Although if you're still using the TS integration on AWE then you probably can't switch that. But you could use Discord for everything else? 

I could imagine that a lot of people in this community are happy using TS and may not want to switch. But from what I've noticed Discord seems to be the go-to voice chat option for most gamers, so it could help getting new recruits (& donations).

edit: I'm a derp

Just now, Jason. said:

Have you considered using something other than Teamspeak for coms? I'm mainly thinking about Discord which should have all the features you need and is free to host. 
Although if you're still using the TS integration on AWE then you probably can't switch that. But you could use Discord for everything else? 

I could imagine that a lot of people in this community are happy using TS and may not want to switch. But from what I've noticed Discord seems to be the go-to voice chat option for most gamers, so it could help getting new recruits (& donations).

You're aware we have a discord right?

1 minute ago, Stanhope said:

There aren't any active voice channels on discord. 

Then most of my point still stands, maybe some encouragement/pushing towards Discord? Only if it's deemed to be a suitable alternative of course, but I think the possibility of saving money on server costs could be worth it.

2 hours ago, Jason. said:

Then most of my point still stands, maybe some encouragement/pushing towards Discord? Only if it's deemed to be a suitable alternative of course, but I think the possibility of saving money on server costs could be worth it.

The issue is that the modded server requires teamspeak for voice communications and that will never be possible on Discord due to API limitations. 

orrrrrrrr ... 

have a Discord server for EU1# and EU2# (as it seems more appealing to todays gamers,whatthehelldoiknowabouthtateven?)

and only host a (locked/private) TS server that is cheaper to maintain in the long run?

Is that a viable option ?

offtopic#

Also,look what the cat brought in here again !

:PeterParker-min:

• Xwatt unfeatured this topic