AWE Status

It is maintained, the issue currently is I am busy with uni work and the recent update dropped killing all the mods, most have updated but I need to update the modset and this takes time so I'm going to do it once I have the time to do it properly, currently with 4 assignemts in this week I have a lot on 

I've dropped in to TS now and again to see if anyone's playing; I wasn't aware the situation was so dire. AWE has had it's flaws over time, but it's overall a fun server to play on. It's sad to see it's no longer maintained or even active. 

It’s not been as good as it was earlier in the year and the update means we can’t log in yet. Nearest I have found to play is the official patrol servers but no where near as good as AWE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ahoy all,

(this text doesn't have any new ideas, just my general opinion - save you some time hehe)

Game is old, and players steer to new games as @Ryko said it. ( I'm too lazy for quoting, sorry Ryko).

Last time when I was playing on AW servers was like a month on EU#1 constantly like every day. I did not care about what type of gun I had or what vehicle I'm in. What outfit or loadout I'm carrying. I've played and happily joined on EU#1 because of players. After a lot of AOs, I&A seemed monotone. And it was. But that boredom was always beaten by good teamwork and fun to play with players who cherish to achieve same goal. Even lame as it is: Clear AO. We just don't shoot Armamen's. We talk to each other while trailing together or mocking our driver while he flips his vehicles like numerous times. Those moments for me were golden. 

We have been all kicked with same nostalgia about earlier days of EU#3. And as more we emphasize on those old times, we won't be able to reach same satisfaction on playing today. You cannot achieve "greatness" of old days by living in past. You need to comprehend them and move on. Live for new moments even as small as they may become.

A lot of you and including me are saying just give us radio, ACE and RHS and we are set. This needs to stop. We were constantly running AW staff in circle and even now. I wonder even if we have those three core mods, how long when discussion for more mods would come in again. So please don't blame arsenal or staff for whitelists and whatnot. They are actively listening to community and I haven't seen other communities that give supportive attention to new ideas. But we have to fruit new ideas.

I know I've said not return in past, But just an example on topic of arsenal/faction problem: Remember Fallujah. That linearly stupid map. Why everybody loved to play on it? It was easy to come to location, no brainstorming, move in convoy, slap couple of wheels, receive IV from your medic and RTB after at least two deaths. Simple and yet ton of fun since you'd chat with other players. So no, In my opinion, arsenal is not a problem.

Yes I've heard players on EU#3 saying that they feel handicapped not having their faction. For me it never mattered. It just adds stuff I don't pay attention to. Even vehicles, if it can bring me from A to B. I'm fine with that. So no, in my opionion, factions are not a problem.

What we needed was diversity of gameplay. Stiletto delivered. Ton of diversity. After time it seems repetitive. Fine return tomorrow, fun again. And after a while, around EU#3 corner you can hear: "Gauntlet was the best" again. ?

Summer, when I had little bit of free time, I went to play other game since nobody was on AW.

Friend contacted me and asked me to join on EU#3. I was really pleased and honored since I thought I left good impression on that person while introducing him to EU#3. I was very sad since nobody was onto it. I've spent countless hours on EU#3 even when only two people are present. 10 am morning - No problem. We rolled.

I guess by my weakness last paragraph nostalgia kicked in under all my efforts to avoid it. Heh.

And now, when I'm out of the loop for almost half a year, I'm afraid I don't know the answer on how to attract new players.

Shout out to my beautiful AW Community.

Plant

On 12/13/2018 at 6:40 PM, Mad Eye Moody said:

Multi Session Operations? Perhaps you could message me with a server or two?

Anyhow 4 will be up before too long

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Approach myself, Johnson or Christiansen on Teamspeak or visit the MSO section on Discord to learn more.

We're always happy to have more people come along for some modded ArmA, though it should be noted that if you want the same sort of constant action with no story style of gameplay that Stiletto featured then you won't find it there I'm afraid.