All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Last week
  2. Earlier
  3. Considering upcoming new CDLC and the fact it comes from Western Sahara creators, I`ll want to suggest modded rotation with Aegis,Atlas and possibly Opposing Forces, Athena and Police mods on vanilla or modded map, Western Sahara is required for these mods to run and devs confirmed there will be soft dependency for Reaction Forces and having them run on vanilla and modded maps would only require players who are not owners of these CDLCS to have compact datas with Western Sahara being downloable on steam workshop and Reaction Forces getting it shortly after release. Aegis stable collection link - https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1855703664
  4. Best or worst pilot, we will never know
  5. dit some copy pasta stuff and got a working version to open in editor . if u try to play this multiplayer u migth get a error no player selected but that goes away after a bit atleast for me Invade__Annex_3.4.22.Altis.rar
  6. Hey all! Apologies for the delay! one of my Christmas presents this year turned out to be Covid. So I have been knocked out since Wednesday. Today I had some energy though so with that said and with only a day late I present you this year's awards! AW MVP 2023: @chicken_no6 & @MidnightRunner AW Most Friendly Admin/Moderator/Spartan 2023: @JJ Cakes AW Most Helpful Admin/Moderator/Spartan 2023: @JJ Cakes & @MidnightRunner AW Most Active Staff Member 2023: @MidnightRunner AW Strictest Staff Member 2023: @chicken_no6 AW Best Team Player 2023: @Tiffany AW Most Helpful Member *Non Staff* 2023: @SiegeSix AW Most Friendly Member 2023: @possiblyEOD & @Nibbs AW Tacti-cool member 2023: @Rickard AW Underrated Member 2023: @Stanhope AW Most Incoherent Member 2023: @Rickard AW DAAASSS BOOOOT 2021 - The drunkest member of 2023: @RiverWolf AW Best/Worst Pilot 2023: @Cold AW Best Voice 2023: @Murph AW Funniest Person on Team Speak 2023: @LH5 AW Worst Joke 2023: @Gambit & @LH5! AW Best Moment 2023 (can be in-game, on Teamspeak or Forum): AW Best Forum Post 2023 (please put URL in): AW Dankest Meme Post In Discord 2023: @Nibbs AW Best Driver 2023: AW Worst Driver 2023: @Xwatt AW Best Fail 2023: AW Best Ban of 2023: AW TeamSpeak Channel 2023: AW Best Screenshot 2023: @LH5 AW Best/Worst Call-out 2023: AW Candidate for the Hague 2023: @Rickard & @Sho_Iwaizumi AW Role Model 2023: AW Best Shot/Worst 2023:
  7. @SiegeSixput it perfectly. It is difficult for an ArmA community to bounce back nowadays. AW used to be insanely popular because it truly used to be one of a kind, however nowadays there's dime a dozen servers that do what AW does and I wouldn't think it would be disrespectful to say that they also do it better just due to how AW has fizzled out. I'm sure you could still manage to muster players to play on some of the servers, there may be potential for the occasional gamenight provided the community comes together for it. I'm not sure how many folk still hang around to play regularly but surely there's gotta be some otherwise AW would've ceased to exist. You're a guy after my own heart, I wanted nothing more than AW to flourish for the longest time, I think so many of us owe so much of ourselves to this community. The friends and memories made along the way, for better or worse. I hate to say it but if it is player numbers and perhaps a more active development you are looking for, there are other places. But the camaraderie of AW can be found nowhere else and I think that special quality will keep dragging you back. If you want to try and promote the server and organize more active development in AW, I would say go for it. The Staff I am sure should be all for it. I'm sure there's still devs here who may wish to reinvent the wheel and try and push for that AW uniqueness again or just perhaps ensure a stable platform is maintained. Just be aware that as per my introduction, it is increasingly difficult these days for an ArmA community to bounce back. As you say in your later post. There are many improvements on the table. When AW was competing with its main rivals, a certain JSOC that favors the number's 7. It was like a 1950's Nuclear Arms Race. However the stagnation has left the competition far ahead and for reasons such as that, their servers are absolutely packed 24/7. I'm sure there's ideas to be borrowed from theirs though. It's lovely to see a bit of optimism. Whatever happens, it's nice to see the history of AW goes on. I would hate for the name to fizzle out as well.
  8. AW Worst Driver 2023 : Xwatt as in good tradition ...
  9. Fun read, two thumbs up (that s the best available clown emoji? I doubt...)
  10. AW MVP 2023: @MidnightRunner AW Most Friendly Admin/Moderator/Spartan 2023: @JJ Cakes AW Most Helpful Admin/Moderator/Spartan 2023: @MidnightRunner AW Most Active Staff Member 2023: I'm not active enough to know this :) AW Strictest Staff Member 2023: AW Best Team Player 2023: AW Most Helpful Member *Non Staff* 2023: AW Most Friendly Member 2023: @Nibbs AW Tacti-cool member 2023: AW Underrated Member 2023: AW Most Incoherent Member 2023: @Rickard AW DAAASSS BOOOOT 2021 - The drunkest member of 2023: AW Best/Worst Pilot 2023: AW Best Voice 2023: AW Funniest Person on Team Speak 2023: AW Worst Joke 2023: @LH5 AW Best Moment 2023 (can be in-game, on Teamspeak or Forum): AW Best Forum Post 2023 (please put URL in): AW Dankest Meme Post In Discord 2023: AW Best Driver 2023: AW Worst Driver 2023: obligatory @Xwatt AW Best Fail 2023: AW Best Ban of 2023: AW TeamSpeak Channel 2023: AW Best Screenshot 2023: AW Best/Worst Call-out 2023: AW Candidate for the Hague 2023: @Rickard AW Role Model 2023: AW Best Shot/Worst 2023:
  11. I wasn't aware of the AhoyWorld lore. I had a brief read and I'm none-the-wiser. Does anyone track metrics like unique players joined? Amount of new players in x time period? Average player counts? Busiest periods? The downside is that this server has no exposure on YouTube, any other forums, the player count remains low so unlikely to show in any directories online. What is the funnel for a new player to actually 1. Find the server 2. Join it and 3. Stay? Say a player even manages to find the server, they're only going to stay if it's fun and busy and at the moment Ahoy is pretty dry so even if they join, it's unlikely they will stay. I tried a different server just to look at the competition of a similar mode to what Ahoy runs and it's so much more fun and organised. It has its problems too but the server remains packed 24/7 so clearly there is demand for such a gamemode yet this server only remains partially full 20-30 at most during sales and weekends where it should be packed. I know this because I always check the battlemetrics page on whether I should join. I'm referring specifically to Ahoy EU1 I&A here not any other external events. I think Ahoy needs to take some pointers from the competition. One example being the ability to lift tanks and other vehicles so that people who want to use vehicles don't have to spend 8 hours driving to the AO. If I have an hour or two to play I don't want to spend 1 hour driving the tank to be shot in 1 minute. There's thousands of improvements like these to be made.
  12. AW MVP 2023: @chicken_no6 for Spearhead InA and "Counter Attack" feature AW Most Friendly Admin/Moderator/Spartan 2023: @JJ Cakes AW Most Helpful Admin/Moderator/Spartan 2023: @JJ Cakes he even helps you when you don't need it AW Most Active Staff Member 2023: @AhoyWorld Outreach nah @MidnightRunner for TS and rotating servers AW Strictest Staff Member 2023: @chicken_no6 AW Best Team Player 2023: @Tiffany on EU1 and Domination AW Most Helpful Member *Non Staff* 2023: @SiegeSix AW Most Friendly Member 2023: @possiblyEOD always friendly AW Tacti-cool member 2023: @Rickard only Blufor player to dress like a militant AW Underrated Member 2023: @Stanhope AW Most Incoherent Member 2023: AW DAAASSS BOOOOT 2021 - The drunkest member of 2023: @RiverWolf AW Best/Worst Pilot 2023: @Cold AW Best Voice 2023: @Murph AW Funniest Person on Team Speak 2023: @LH5 AW Worst Joke 2023: @Gambit AW Best Moment 2023 (can be in-game, on Teamspeak or Forum): If I can pick just one I will (but what is soak Murph?) AW Best Forum Post 2023 (please put URL in): AW Dankest Meme Post In Discord 2023: So many in the thread but @Nibbs AW Best Driver 2023: AW Worst Driver 2023: AW Best Fail 2023: @TacticalError for Kiowa release AW Best Ban of 2023: AW TeamSpeak Channel 2023: Lido AW Best Screenshot 2023: @LH5 https://discord.com/channels/477822943527829507/478179792080994305/1152695304819318886 AW Best/Worst Call-out 2023: AW Candidate for the Hague 2023: it's @Sho_Iwaizumi time! AW Role Model 2023: The Prowler, it always rolls... AW Best Shot/Worst 2023: I may add some updates, perhaps.
  13. Hi Tommy_ Good that you enjoy playing on AhoyWorld. Servers are up and running for 1 player, 15 or 60 (though it has been a good while for the latter) across a few game modes. There may be some avenues for promotion that staff could check out. Player who are here to play and enjoy games, players and some good (actually mostly bad) jokes at times are the best promotion of what AhoyWorld can offer. Do have any thing specific in mind to promote us? What/Where were you searching that led you here?
  14. There's some sort of issue going on and I don't think what you want to do at the moment is possible, look here for more info:
  15. Good afternoon, all ! First I want to apologize, I’m on my mobile and couldn’t find anything that explained how. But my group would like to setup an I&A on our Host Havoc dedicated server. But it seems to be different setup then anything we have done previously and I can’t seem to find a how-to. Does anyone have a How-to setup I&A on a dedicated server? thanks so much!!
  16. Considering the many controversies Ahoyworld has gone through from 2016 to today, I doubt it'll recover to what it once was. I guess there isn't a niche for 'be your own master' PvE gamemode in a community that was torn apart inside out. There is a shell and ripoff in other servers, mainly the ones you're referring to.
  17. Hi, I love the server and I think AhoyWorld is great. Great admins, great server, amazing staff but honestly the low player count is a huge bummer. Is there anything we can do about this? Without me finding this server through a friend who played years back, there's no way I would have found it. It's hard to find in my opinion, is there nothing that can be done to promote the server more and attract more players? There's a similar server with a similar mode that is consistently packed on two different regions yet AhoyWorld has barely 15 players on its most busiest times? I'm not hating, just want this server to flourish and when I hop online on evenings its really empty.
  18. The dark ritual is complete! I have risen once again to reap the award submissions for this year! The end of 2023 is fast approaching and so it is time to celebrate all the highlights of the past few months! Normally we first vote for what awards can be voted on. I was so happy with last year's awards that I decided to go for the same list this time around. You can vote until the 27th of December. I will then get to work on the results from the 28th onward so we have the results by the 29th ideally. Below is the award list. Copy and paste this list and add the name of the member you wish to nominate for the award with the following format @Nameofmember (description of why is optional). The nominations will close on 23:59 UTC 27/12/2023, so be sure to send in your list before then for it to be counted. The results of the Awards will be posted after they have been counted. ***Important*** [be sure to remove the formatting when you copy and paste the nomination list below] ***Important*** Award list (ONE (1) vote per nomination): AW MVP 2023: AW Most Friendly Admin/Moderator/Spartan 2023: AW Most Helpful Admin/Moderator/Spartan 2023: AW Most Active Staff Member 2023: AW Strictest Staff Member 2023: AW Best Team Player 2023: AW Most Helpful Member *Non Staff* 2023: AW Most Friendly Member 2023: AW Tacti-cool member 2023: AW Underrated Member 2023: AW Most Incoherent Member 2023: AW DAAASSS BOOOOT 2021 - The drunkest member of 2023: AW Best/Worst Pilot 2023: AW Best Voice 2023: AW Funniest Person on Team Speak 2023: AW Worst Joke 2023: AW Best Moment 2023 (can be in-game, on Teamspeak or Forum): AW Best Forum Post 2023 (please put URL in): AW Dankest Meme Post In Discord 2023: AW Best Driver 2023: AW Worst Driver 2023: AW Best Fail 2023: AW Best Ban of 2023: AW TeamSpeak Channel 2023: AW Best Screenshot 2023: AW Best/Worst Call-out 2023: AW Candidate for the Hague 2023: AW Role Model 2023: AW Best Shot/Worst 2023:
  19. Damo3D

Heavy Rain

22x HE Alive
  20. Nice to hear that you're doing well and doing what you enjoy PiranhA. Cheers for the good times.
  21. You're probably having the same issue as this person:
  22. Hello, i tried to load the pbo in editor, i want to create a private server, but i cant see the mission, i have put it the correct folder with the pbo. I searched in the forum. but I didn't find anything about Faq about code FQS or any similar file. I asked in discord and they told me i need mission file but not working.
  23. Thanks for the reply it’s not as though it’s an issue that needs resolved or anything. I was genuinely just curious if it’s something that could be done.
  24. There is technically a way to script in this behaviour but it's not something that's written and tested in an hour. There's probably a lot of edge cases I can't even think of right now
  25. I noticed that on a lot of the roles you’d expect to need or want to use a remote designator (Recon, spotter and JTAC) you can’t because you need the UAV terminal. Obviously I understand that the UAV terminal needs to be kept to its own role but wasn’t sure if there’d be anyway to tweak things so other roles could use it to access the remote designator?
  1. Load more activity